The 30th Conference of the Underwater Mining Institute is calling for presentations on the following topics:
- Developments and characterization of deep seabed mineral resources in the Pacific, including massive sulfide deposits and ferromanganese oxide deposits;
- Developments and characterization of coastal and shallow marine deposits in the Pacific, including aggregate and placer resources;
- Technology developments relevant to marine mineral exploration and mining; and
- Other topics of timely interest to the characterization or development of marine minerals.
Please send the following information by electronic mail transmission to email@example.com
followed by a fax copy to Karynne Chong Morgan at 808.956.9772, or by mail to:
Conference Coordinator, UMI, 1000 Pope Road, MSB 303, Honolulu, HI 96822 USA
[please include hard copy original and computer file (WordPerfect 5.1 or higher, or ASCII)].
- Title of Presentation
- Author(s): Full Name, Title, Affiliation, Full Address, and Phone/Fax/Email Addresses (Please indicate who will be the Speaker.)
- Abstract: Any Length
- Biographical Sketch of Principal Author and Speaker: Two-paragraph narrative for each.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS MAY 31, 1999.
- Selection of presentations will be made by the conference chairs in June 1999.
- Selected authors/speakers will have until the end of September 1999 to edit their submissions.
- Sunday, January 23, 2000: Evening reception and registration
- Monday, January 24, 2000: Technical Session I
- Tuesday, January 25, 2000: Technical Session II and evening banquet
- Wednesday, January 26, 2000: Field Tour
Conference Location and Lodging
- International Marine Minerals Society (President and Program Co-Chair Alexander Malahoff, University of Hawai'i)
- Hawai'i Undersea Research Laboratory (HURL), University of Hawai'i
- Marine Minerals Technology Center, University of Hawai'i (Program Chair Charles L. Morgan)
- Hawai'i Natural Energy Institute (HNEI), University of Hawai'i.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, please contact: